Pupil Premium Plus
Schools receive Pupil Premium funding (£500 per term) for Looked After Children and for children who have been adopted (but notification of adoption will vary and funding arrangements different). Pupil Premium Plus is allocated for schools to provide additional interventions to accelerate progress for individual children in order that the gap between outcomes for Looked after Children and their peers can be closed.
There are many good examples of where schools and settings have successfully used this funding to provide personalised programmes of academic or pastoral support or to extend the cultural and social experiences for Looked after Children .
Some of best practice examples of how Worcestershire’s schools/settings use Pupil Premium Plus include:
- 1 to 1 tuition from an external agency/teacher/HLTA to bridge the gap or extend learning/experiences for gifted and talented Looked after Children.
- Small group interventions and extra sessions for maths and English which are personalised and targeted at specific gaps in learning beyond standard differentiation.
- Therapeutic interventions such as Thrive, Therapy/ relationship based play/attachment based mentoring (1 to 1 or small group).
- Resources purchased for the child to use at home including enrichment materials, basic English and maths practise books and revision guides. Numicom kits, or Nimbo Treasure Chest for developing fine motor skills.
- Magazine subscriptions to encourage enthusiasm broader interest and reading.
- Extra-curricular activities to support social and emotional well-being, extend experience, raise confidence and self-esteem e.g drama and dance.
- Laptop and printer (KS4) to support GCSE coursework.
- Music tuition and purchase of musical instruments.
- Educational trips/visits
- Rewards and recognition for success and achievement
- University visits and taster events
Early Years settings are able to access the Early Years Pupil Premium via the Provider Portal. Please note that that Pupil Premium Plus is not available to Early Years settings.